Saturday, July 26, 2008

Lots of fun...

So a couple of weeks ago, before I flew to Maryland, the missionaries that I was teaching at the MTC gave me a nice present! They knew that I was planning on proposing to Katie while I was there, so they gave me a proposal survival kit! It was really nice and they had an explanation for each item! I had three sister missionaries in the district and I'm pretty sure that they were the masterminds behind it, but it was really cool and it helped me get through the proposal, haha.



After spending a wonderful week and a half in Maryland, I am now with Katie's family in St. George, Utah. Katie's grandparents have a second home here and so we are spending a couple of days enjoying the 100 + degree weather and going to a musical and a Shakespeare play. The plays were very entertaining and I definitely feel more cultured! On Friday night we saw the musical, The Sound of Music. That is one of my favorites, so I really liked it. But it was outdoors and at 11:30 p.m. when the play ended, I was sweating because it was still so hot. Then tonight we went to Cedar City and saw the Shakespeare play, The Two Gentlemen of Verona. I had never seen it before so I thought it was going to be hard to understand like all the other Shakespearean plays, but it wasn't too bad and I was able to understand it. It was also a lot cooler than last night, so I wasn't sweating the whole time, which helped me to focus. These past couple of days have been very fun and relaxing, especially when we were in the air conditioning!


1 comment:

Amy said...

That made me laugh. You being cultured. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!


just kidding. see you soon.